Trying to get back on a clean diet…To stay healthy yes, but mainly to loose some fat! *tears* By the way are you following me on Instagram yet? the handle is @calebslilgirl…do that if you’re not!
I love Yam… A lot! Clink the link if you don’t know what vegetable that is…So earlier this year I tried to make a pot of yam pottage but unfortunately the tuber I bought from a dodgy store somewhere in Grønland, Oslo was spoilt on the inside…Think it cost about Kr70/£7 too… Painful!
So i decided to swap vegetables! Looked for and found a Potato Pottage Recipe on 9jafoodie.com and concluded I can do without the risk of buying bad yams for a while. Cooked some up about a week ago and thought to share my slightly different recipe…
THINGS YOU NEED
* Potatoes cut into cube sizes – Quantity depends on servings
* Chopped Spinach
* Tomatoes ( I use 1 can plum tomatoes)
* Half Onion
* Scotch Bonnet Pepper (2 or 3 depending on how much heat you can take :p)
* Olive Oil, Salt, Bouillon Cubes, Black Pepper
* Diced Chicken/Beef according to your preference
WHAT I DID
* Seasoned and boiled the chicken.
* Boiled the shrimps in chicken broth.
* Blended my tomato plums with 2 scotch bonnet pepper and onions
* Heated some olive oil in a cooking pot and poured in blended tomatoes, pepper and onions
* Left to cook for about 15 mins.
* Added seasonings listed above, stirred and left for 5mins about
* Added cube sized Potatoes in with a little hot water.( Ensure the water and potatoes are on the same level)
* Stirred, tasted broth and because of the water re-added relevant seasoning as needed.
* Left to cook till Potato softened.
* Added Chicken/Beef and Shrimps.
* Last thing I added was my Chopped Spinach.
I also added a little bit of my chicken broth for flavour… Vær så god! 😀